Sunday, June 25, 2017

Returning Thoughts


Wow, what a long time has passed since I have posted on this blog.  In many ways, I am no longer "homeschool mom/scribe" since my last homeschooler will be moving to full time college attendance, but I will still be around with my books and encouragement for all three of them as they continue their studies.
This summer is flying by, and I am not sure why. We have had some good moments and some setbacks. I woke up this morning uneasy, but I don't know why.  We had to buy a new washer, but it is such a blessing--there are NO words. I really do about 5 loads a day, at least 5-6 days a week. I just wear them out. Both the washer and dryer are working. 
Michael is sorting through books downstairs and getting it in order.
I have found family members who didn't know about me, and that has gone better than I could ever have imagined.
My summer classes are running fairly smoothly.
Dear Son 2 has a job, not the one he wanted, but the one he was to have. It will go a long way toward paying for library school.
Dear daughter, against my better judgment, also has a job she begins tomorrow. Dad and I are going along and helping her, but I wanted her to spend the summer resting and working on piano. It will be the last chance for the former!
Dear Son 1 continues his job and his graduate studies. He thought he had earned a "B" in Greek, to all of our shock.  The grade was an error that the instructor discovered and changed. JT would never have said anything, so that was a blessing to a broken heart (he wouldn't say "broken" but he was so disappointed--the Greek has meant a lot to him).
I am trying to get some reading done. 
I feel discouraged sometime--a list seems like a formula for failure. If it hits a list, it is sure to not get done. I don't know how to change that.  The more determined I feel to get something done, the more life takes me down a different path.  The Christian life is about surrendering your life to the will of God and being led by His Holy Spirit. Sometimes, I feel, as does Michael, that we are holding on white-knuckled to a kayak racing down the rapids with no way to steer or stop!  But there is Someone steering and He will calm the waters and gently waft us up to the bank of the river to rest under His goodness and mercy!
Fellow reader, if you are tired or discouraged, me too!  We'll be fine!
God bless and keep you. 

No comments: