Saturday, October 8, 2016

We're Still in the "we'll see" Stage, but Things are Getting Better

Yesterday, we received a call from Home Depot with some encouraging news with an extremely kind gesture attached.  They want us to go ahead and allow the same agency/contractor to do the work on the installation with the proviso that there are different individuals involved (including the owner/supervisor, I think). The very nice woman from HD said to go in and pick out a stove--the stove will be installed free; the cabinet work will be free; the $69 measuring fee will be taken off, the cabinets will be fixed for free, AND we will be given a check from HD for $200 for our difficulties. All we had to do was to go in and pick out our model. When we went in to do so, the very kind man said we would have to have some measurements taken. We told him we had been through that; he could not find them on the computer. But after some patient phone calls, all was found, and we picked out a new stove. Talking to him was a blessing. The one I originally liked yesterday was a traditional electric with the old-fashioned burners; i.e., it was not a flat top. It was the least expensive of all the models, but looked really, really good. Sometimes all of the "bells and whistles" simply amount to more that can go wrong.  My eye roved a bit to the flat top.  The salesman actually said that he used the one I had first picked out, and that it was great for him and his wife. (The oven itself is a little bigger than most, but the overall measurement fits in perfectly with our slot).  He also said that he preferred the traditional over the flat top because you cannot use cast iron on the flat top!    WOW!  I love cooking with my iron skillet.  I was so happy to know that! Plus, I felt like we had an honest salesman who wasn't trying to sell us the most expensive product in the showroom.  We have a delivery date, and next we have to get an installation date. That will be the big deal day in our household. No one realized how much I cook in the oven itself until it was unavailable. We are thrilled.  I am still in the "we'll see" mindset, but what I have seen is how the Lord takes us through these little bumps in the road.  Our van has been in the shop 4 times in just about that many weeks, and the best they can do is to tell us that they don't know what is wrong. Michael gets so very upset about car issues--and yesterday, it wouldn't crank again right after we left the dealership. But we managed to get her going with some Supernatural assistance. Other little things around the house are falling into place as well. Michael said that the difficulties of the last few weeks taken individually would be easily manageable, but having them all at one time has weighed us down in mind and spirit. But again, I can see the Lord at work, and I have felt the Presence of the Holy Spirit even more strongly. I love to read Jesus' words about the Holy Spirit in the King James Bible:
And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever. 
John 14;16

Whatever trials and bumps in the road you face this week, remember that the Comforter is with you.

1 comment:

Mary E. Stephens said...

Wow. It sounds like you had quite an experience over the stove! And how great it all appears to be working out. I hope it all goes well now.

Another good thing about a regular electric stove with old-fashioned burners is that you can use a canner on it. My sister-in-law had one of those flat tops for awhile and found out we couldn't do that. My own stove top is not strong enough to hold a big canner or pressure canner, so we've had to do all our canning on my Mom's stove in recent years. I don't know if you can at all, but this is a big deal if you do. :-)

Praise God for a Comforter who is with us forever! Sometimes we feel that need so much more than at others, don't we?