Friday, October 2, 2015

A Beautiful Season


Here we are already in October. I can't believe it. We are still a little warm, and we have had so much rain.  Some of the leaves in the neighborhood are beginning to change, though. The temps will probably be dropping a bit before too long.
Today, we finished up the week at school and went to have some lunch together as a family. We had to run some errands, and while we were waiting for Dad out in the car, we were talking about favorite memories of homeschooling. Virginia said she most liked eating biscuits, drinking hot chocolate and reading The Moffats. John Thomas said, "being home." James Martin seconded his answer. I was stunned. Sometimes there's a little in me that makes me wonder if homeschooling denied them some of the pleasures of friends and activities. No doubt, it does. But the pay off comes with these kind of discussions. I am so grateful for their answers (I will be fixing some biscuits and hot chocolate soon).
I am grateful for this lovely autumn season and for this season of life.
Thank You, Lord.

No comments: