Sunday, July 12, 2015

Home Sweet Home


Our oldest returned last night from his trip "across the pond."  I think he was as glad to be back as we are to have him back. He was exhausted, and fell down on his bed, clothes and all. I brought his pj's and convinced him to change -- I hope he was able to sleep soundly. Sometimes you can really get "too tired" to sleep well.  He had been awake for so long, trying to get back in our time zone.
Yesterday, when we returned to the airport in "the Big City" to get him, I was struck as I always am about how I do not belong in that world. We make jokes about having 4 traffic lights here in our home town, but I am SO grateful to live somewhere like that!  (And I think we may be up to 5 or 6--look out Atlanta!)
We have all had enough excitement for the month! I am ready to settle down and enjoy each othere right here at our house!

No comments: