Monday, February 2, 2015

A Beautiful Heritage Continues


I will never be a seamstress, but our daughter has become one. Her new love is sewing, and her new passion is quilting. I love this!  She has inherited a number of lovely quilts from her Dad's east Tennessee family. My Uncle Ray gave us some quilts that were probably made by my beautiful and godly great grandmother, Cora Young. So, she gets it from both sides of our family. 
There is something especially warm and lovely about quilts, and I think this is a marvelous new interest for her. She loves all of the quilting things on Pinterest and has found some great ideas. 

Pictured above is her sewing machine (a gift from a family friend) and a table we found at a thrift shop for $25. Can you beat that?
There is a room in our unfinished basement downstairs that I think she wants to turn into a sewing room when it warms up a bit. 

No comments: