Monday, January 5, 2015


My Dad loved all things relating to outer space--TV shows, science-fiction novels, textbooks about the universe, and movies.  But as  a Believer, he kept it all in perspective. 
When I was a little girl, he took me to see 2001:  A Space Odyssey. I was probably only about 6 years old, and what I remember the most was getting my box of Brach's chocolate stars!

Jumping ahead almost 45 years, our family watched the movie here at home, over a couple of nights. I was appalled at the theme of evolution.  The movie made little sense. The special effects were marvelous, and I am sure that's what Daddy loved about the movie. But the story was dark, desolate and non-sensical--far from but disguised as science.  We talked about this as a family. 
We love the Narnia movies and another fantasy film called Time Changer. These wonderful movies wrapped fictional stories around God's Truths.  My heart, mind and spirit were revived and blessed by watching them. Watching 2001, I felt empty and hopeless. When the movie was over, I had no sense of resolution. I was just glad it was over!
Scripture explains this difference much better than I can:

But the natural man receiveth  not the things of the Spirit of God;
for they are foolishness unto him:  neither can he know them because they are 
spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2: 14



No comments: