Today was a full day, with not as much accomplishment as I would like to have seen, but WE ARE HOME! Made a fast trip to the in-laws for Thanksgiving and then back the next day. We got in last night about 8:30 or so. Being away for just a day makes me yearn for home. What is home? It is a place where . . .
1. We are together
2. Outside sources of stress and angst cannot get to us; the wagons are circled.
3. We each accept the other for who he/she is.
4. We try to be patient and loving as much as humanly possible with each other.
5. We do not belittle or condemn each other.
6. We take pleasure in something because another member of the family does.
7. We each have a contribution to make that is noted and appreciated by the others.
8. Sometimes anger and impatience crash the party, but forgiveness and kindness soon take back over.
9. Everyone is loved and cherished and KNOWS that to be true.
Thank You, Lord, for the gift of home and family.